“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page” said Saint Augustine.
Now let’s break this axiom down in order to understand this completely. In a world so big we always are so much surrounded by our problems and multitude of stresses. This makes us forget how grand and magnanimous life is. And you can’t discover this fact if you aren’t stepping out of your routine. It’s obvious that stepping out isn’t that easy; you need a purpose, a motive, a motto or a mantra so to speak before you discover other lands.
Now the question arises. What is that code? What could be the purpose of excursions? What is the mantra? The answer to all of these questions is ‘go find them’. You can’t see the sun from the inside. The great Christopher Mccandless quoted “The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”
You need to step out and pursue your travel mantra. A travel mantra could be a simple quote you follow, a personal realization or an experience. Here are some of the famous travel mantras discovered and liked by travellers just like us.
Some Powerful Travel Mantras
1. “If it scares you, do it.” – David Lee
2. “The point of the journey is not to arrive.” – Steven Frischling
3. “I’d rather have the most stories than the most things.” – Anwar Yafai
4. “Everything is walking distance if you have the time.” – Stephen Wright
5. Live in a bigger world. – Barbara Winter
6. I can’t wait to see what happens next. – Peta Phipps
7. Don’t try to do/see too much. – Karen Bryan
8. The first thing you pack is yourself. – Bruce Northam
9. Be flexible and Breathe. – Roni Weiss
10. Any budget can accommodate a great vacation. – Shereen Rayle
11. Listen more than you talk; appreciate little details. – Jeff Deck
12. Time’s short. Explore the great planet we share. – The Trip Chicks
13. Spend less, see more. – Pauline Frommer
14. Travel brings power and love back into your life- Rumi
15. “A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are build for.”- John A. Shedd
16. “To travel is to possess the world.”- Burton Holmes
17. No phone. No pool. No pets. No cigarettes. Ultimate freedom. No longer to be poisoned by civilization, he flees, and walks alone upon the land to become lost in the wild – Christopher Mccandless.
What’s Your Mantra?
Are you anywhere close to discovering your mantra yet? I hope these examples will bring out the Alexander Tramp in you. Reach out and you will find your mantra anytime soon. Nothing makes a detour more meaningful than a purpose.